Please Note:

Unless otherwise stated, all pictures included in this blog were taken my me. Please do not copy or use them in anyway without my permission. If you would like to use any of my pictures please email me at cheekiemonkeyphotography@gmail.com

Feel free to post my images to Pinterest but please make sure to link back to my site. Thanks!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Don't Quit

 When I first started with photography many eons ago 4 months ago, I thought I wasn't half bad (in Auto Mode). I knew I wasn't GREAT but I thought I was pretty ok. I was talking to my brother in law to gets some tips and information on how to improve. He told me that once I start leaning I will HATE all of my pictures for awhile. He said he took 10,000 pictures before he started liking them. He knew it was 10,000 because he kept track. I thought I know he's probably pretty right. He's a really smart guy. He knows what he's talking about but he learning how to take pictures by trial and error, I was taking classes so of course I wouldn't have to go through 10,000 pictures that I hated first, right? WRONG.

As I have been learning more and more and practicing more I am realizing how little I really know. Don't get me wrong there are some pictures that I've taken that I really like but there are so many more that I've HATED. I'm really working hard on improving and learning all that I can. I don't want to leave my house without my camera now and when I do I usually end up regretting it. The hardest part is not quitting when things get hard or when I get discouraged. That has always been my biggest challenge. I am a pro at quitting when things get tough. (Not something that I'm proud of) The strange part with photography is, even though I have the urge to quit, it's overwhelmed by the urge to keep going. Ultimately I really don't want to stop. I want to learn and get better. I'm not sure where exactly I want to take this but I know I don't want to quit. Lately I've been focusing mainly on schoolwork. I'm taking a photography class and an Adobe photo shop class. I'm really enjoying them and I'm learning a TON!! Here are some of my photographs for school








No comments: