Please Note:

Unless otherwise stated, all pictures included in this blog were taken my me. Please do not copy or use them in anyway without my permission. If you would like to use any of my pictures please email me at cheekiemonkeyphotography@gmail.com

Feel free to post my images to Pinterest but please make sure to link back to my site. Thanks!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Roses

 Hubby got me these gorgeous roses from ProFlowers.com for Valentines Day and I had to get pictures of them. I took these on the first day I got them. They started dying really quickly but I still loved the way they looked so I took more pictures of the dying ones. We were disappointed that they died within a couple days of getting them so Hubby emailed ProFlowers.com and complained. Amazingly they reshipped the entire order again. So I got 24 new roses plus another box of chocolates and another set of bath beads, gel and lotion. No hassle at all. We will definitely be going through them again.


I took these ones next to our dining room window with the rose up against a shiny red gift bad. I darken them some to bring out more of the black. I LOVE the way these turned out. You'll recognize this one as my new header. (I'm also going to use it as my business card. I'll post my new business card design tomorrow. I didn't love the last design I did so I completely changed it. I'm thrilled with it now and can't wait to get them!)
This one I didnt' darken as much because I loved the effect of the red in the background.
I love the contrast of the dying flowers with the one white flower that was still beautiful and fresh.


 I think this is my favorite of all of the dying rose pictures. Its just so poignant to me. The constrast is just so sad yet beautiful to me. I edited these in photoshop to fade some of the color of the dying roses. I really like the effect it had.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.


No comments: