Please Note:

Unless otherwise stated, all pictures included in this blog were taken my me. Please do not copy or use them in anyway without my permission. If you would like to use any of my pictures please email me at cheekiemonkeyphotography@gmail.com

Feel free to post my images to Pinterest but please make sure to link back to my site. Thanks!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Riverside National Veteran's Cemetary

I'm going to warn you now - This post if going to be FULL of pictures. 
After I got a B on my composition project I decided I was going to redo it. One of the critiques I got was a lack of emotion so I decided I was going to make sure to capture emotion this time. Plus I had always wanted to take pictures here. I dropped the twins off at their preschool and drove over to the Riverside National Veterans Cemetery.  
My first stop was my Mother-in-Law's grave site. She passed away 6 months after Hubby and I got married.  I don't go over there anywhere near as often as I would like even though it's only about 10 minutes from our house. I had to call Hubby when I got there to find out where her grave was. I knew the general location but not exactly where. After walking around for a little while, two cell phone location pictures sent to Hubby and him going to Google Maps, it turns out I was in the right spot I just needed to turn around and walk down one row. She was an amazing woman and I am sad I didn't get much time to get to know her. Its also really hard for me because my children never got to meet their grandma. My littlest is a redhead just like her grandma and from what I've been told has the same spunk she had. (We're in for a wild ride with her ;) )
9:01am
ISO 1600 F-stop 18.0 Shutter speed 1/500
Focal length:43.0mm Subject distance: (no joke this is actually what my Metadata said) Infinity

After getting some pictures at her grave site. I wandered around the cemetery and found this POW/MIA memorial. I had never seen this memorial before and was in awe just standing near it.
9:15am
ISO 200 F-stop 11.0 Shutter Speed 1/250 
Focal Length: 24.0mm Subject distance: again Infinity(I'm going to have to do some research about this. I'm not sure why it says Infinity)

Next to the memorial was the POW/MIA flag
9:22
ISO200 F-stop 11.0 Shutter Speed 1/250
Focal Length: 46.0mm Subject Distant: No Data 

This is a close up of one of the pillars
9:19am
ISO: 200 F-stop 8.0 Shutter Speed 1/100 Exposure -0.33
Focal Length: 45.0mm Subject Distance: No Data
This one was a little underexposed so I went to Photoshop and adjusted the curves to darken the image. 

I continued walking around the cemetery and saw this plaque. 
9:25am
ISO 200 F-stop 7.1 Shutter Speed 1/100 Exposure =0.33
Focal Length: 55.0mm Subject Distance: Infinity
This one was also underexposed so I adjusted the curves to darken the image then lowered the saturation of the red/yellow/green

9:25
ISO 200 F-stop 10.0 Shutter Speed 1/200 Exposure +0.33
Focal Length: 55.0mm Subject Distance: No data
I also adjusted the curves on this one to darken this image. 

Back toward the entrance of the cemetery was the Veterans Memorial.
 9:28
ISO 200 F-Stop 8.0 Shutter Speed 1/125 Exposure +0.33
Focal Length: 40.0mm Subject Distance 3.5m
I wasn't happy with the lighting on this one either so I adjusted the curves to again darken the image. 

9:27
ISO 200 F-Stop 10.0 Shutter Speed 1/200 Exposure +0.33
Focal Length: 53.0 mm Subject Distance 3.5m


9:30
ISO 100 F-Stop 8.0 Shutter Speed 1/100 Exposure +1
Focal Length: 40.0mm Subject Distance: Infinity
I may go back and darken this image a little as well. I haven't decided yet. 

I have such gratitude for the men and women who died for our freedoms. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA

No comments: