Please Note:

Unless otherwise stated, all pictures included in this blog were taken my me. Please do not copy or use them in anyway without my permission. If you would like to use any of my pictures please email me at cheekiemonkeyphotography@gmail.com

Feel free to post my images to Pinterest but please make sure to link back to my site. Thanks!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Challenges

As you know my biggest challenge with photography is PORTRAITS. Which is rather funny because that is what got me into photography to begin with. (If you don't know how I got into photography you can read my story here My beginning) I think the problem I have with portraits is I'm actually pretty shy. (it goes back to the self doubt) and I have a hard time directing the shoots. Especially if I'm one on one. I know it's something I need to overcome. I really do want to master taking portraits.

I read a blog yesterday that reaffirmed this for me. http://peterphun.com/blog. It just confirms what I already know. This is what I need to do to progress. It's the next step I have to take. I've signed up for a workshop this Saturday on Outdoor Portraiture. I'm really excited about it. I'm also planning to sign up for two more workshops within the next six months. I'm hoping to overcome this step so I can improve and advance.

This is a quote I have on my desk to help remind me never to stand still.

"It is tempting for us to remain in our comfort zones, but that is not where we grow, improve, and make the necessary changes to dramatically move ahead."


No comments: